Thursday, August 21, 2008

The adventures of Millow and Willy

Well, goodness, it has been a while since my last posting. I have done so much in the past week! The most exciting thing was a visit from Willow (who is ten months old) and Aunty Bec. They came to stay for a few days and we had a great time! We dined out every day, even catching the bus to Manly one day for Yum Cha. We were very "city", as Aunty Bec would say. Willow was fun to hang out with. She is very good at crawling and gets around very quickly. She can pull herself up to standing as well, which I think is pretty impressive. She can also talk: she says 'mum', 'dad', 'nan' and 'num nums'. Aunty Bec thinks she might have said 'honk' as well. Mum says Willow is her second favourite girl. I guess that makes me her first favourite.

I've met lots of new people this week. On Saturday, I met some of Willow's friends when we went for brunch with Verity, Keiran, Lisa and Reagan. They were all very nice. Willow and I were the centre of attention which is only to be expected, I suppose. I also met Terri. She is Helena's mum's best friend and was visiting from the UK for two weeks. She went to Nene College with Lindsey, Tony and Dad, so they have all been friends for a long time. It was great to meet her!

This week I have had a few complaints. I've been very stuffy in my nose and throat. I'm not sick exactly, just very snuffly, especially when I am sleeping. I don't really notice too much, but Mum keeps getting up, worrying about me. She and Dad have been squirting saline solution in my nose, which helps me breathe better. I also had a nappy rash that was very painful and made me scream a lot (Thank you Aunty Bec for helping Mum work this out!!). Nothing a lot of sudocreme couldn't fix. To top it all off, I think I went through the "6 week change", and was feeling quite unsettled for a few days. Feeding has been irregular, but efficient (down to around 20 mins).

On Sunday night, after dinner at Tony and Lindsey's, I decided I was feeling very sad and perhaps a bit sick from the congestion, so we had to go home. A hundred metres from home I fell asleep, so Mum and Dad drove around Dee Why for a while to make sure I was really asleep. They said that really made them feel like parents! When we got home, I woke up, threw up some yucky stuff and then felt a whole lot better.

In between times when I am feeling sad, I am smiling a lot and even chuckling, so things aren't all terrible. And on Monday night, I slept for 6 hours straight overnight, so that was great for all of us.

Mum and I went to the Community Health clinic yesterday and we were surprised to find out that I have put on 400gm in a week! I now weigh 4.7kg which is 1.2kg over my birth weight. Mum's milk must be doing its job...and then some!

This weekend we are going to see Grandma and Grandad in Emerald Beach. Yippee!! It's going to be my first plane trip. It's a trial run for the big trip to the UK next month. Mum and Dad are a little nervous, but I'm not. I can't wait!

Lots of love,


Amelia

xxx




Verity, Willow and Aunty Bec.

Cuddles from Verity.

Willow was hounded by the paparazzi whilst trying to get a bite to eat.



Happy times.


The Tale of Milly Whiskers or the Roly-Poly Pudding. (This one's for Grandma Pauline!)

1 comment:

belinda graham said...

Hi Amelia,
Because I'm soo much older than you, I thought I'd pass on some wise words of advice: you should try sleeping ALL night - like 12 hours straight like I did the other night (only once, though - gotta keep these mummy people on their toes). But it's especially good if you want to get extra cuddles every now and then. For some reason, it makes people really, really happy!
bye for now,
Layla
PS: Mum is happy you like her blogs. And she thinks you're adorable.