Monday, August 4, 2008

Food, friends and fun!

Today was a nice relaxed Sunday. I felt really quite content with the world and spent a bit of time just being awake and quiet (as opposed to one of my previous three states of being: sleeping, feeding or crying). It was nice to stop and have a look around the place.

When I did want a nap, I decided that my bassinet was really unacceptable and that Mum's or Dad's arms were the only place I could possibly sleep. Dad tried to put me down four times and each time I would wake up again in two minutes. Silly Dad! Once he worked it out and let me sleep in his arms, of course no amount of noise or movement would wake me. Lucky for me, Mum and Dad don't believe bad habits can be formed at four weeks old!

This afternoon, pretty Olivia came to visit , with her mum Linda and friend Clare. It was really lovely to meet them all. Olivia was a little too big for me to play with this time, but I am sure we will be very good friends soon. She did give me a gentle poke on the head to let me know she liked me too.

After their visit, I got rugged up in the pram and went for a ride to the beach. It was great fun, though a bit cold! Dad reckons he will go for a surf before he goes back to work on Wednesday, but he's been saying that for 5 weeks. Let's face it, hanging out with me is so much more fun than surfing.

Before I went to bed, I had a Skype call with Grandad Robin and Grandma Hazel. Grandad got his webcam working so I was able to put faces to their names! I was on my best behaviour and was very cute. It was so lovely to talk to them and can't wait to meet them in person next month.

I am still feeding up to an hour and a half, but have a bit of a pattern happening now, which makes it easier on Mum. She's not complaining - it gives her lots of time to help me write this blog!

Peace.

Milly
xx


Miss Linda and me

Mum and Olivia

Clare Bear and me

Excited about the beach!

Dee Why Beach


Video conferencing with the UK.

2 comments:

Justin Maller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the celebrity guests - what a crowd puller you are SJP Jnr xxx