Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ticking all the boxes

This week has been pretty chilled out. Dad went back to work yesterday after 5 weeks long service leave. Mum was slightly nervous about it, but we had a great day. I wanted Mum to feel good about herself, so I didn't cry all day, ate, slept and gave her lots of smiles. We even managed to get out for a walk, which I enjoyed, except when we were in a queue of around 20 people at the post office. I was a bit pissed off then, so I let everyone know.

On Monday, Mum and Dad took me to get my passport photo taken. I was having a lovely sleep in the pram, and hard as they tried, they couldn't wake me. This was a problem (not to mention ironic!) as the passport people are apparently a bit fussy and require my eyes be showing in the photos. Eventually I cut them a break and patiently opened my eyes. But that wasn't enough for them, as the photo lady said both of my ears have to be showing too! So Mum, Dad and the lady were all dancing around, clapping and calling my name like idiots so that I would turn my head one way and then the other. It made me dizzy! I would get my head straight and look at the lady and Dad would shout "NOW!" and the lady would say "Oops, missed it." Then her camera battery run out. Dad said later she was a big whoopsy, but I don't really know what that means. Eventually they got the shot, thank goodness. I look a bit confused, but at least I was wearing my pretty onesie that Grandma Pauline bought me.

I think I have started to become more efficient when feeding, as I seem to be finishing after around 30-45 minutes. Mum says she doesn't mind, but we do get more done in a day if I feed for shorter times. I'm anticipating a growth spurt next week, though, so things may change! Night times have settled down again. I've agreed to wake for one feed at around 1am, and then I sleep until 6-7. This works out well for both parties.

I am starting to do some of the developmental things that Mums and Dads like to see, like staring intently at their faces (and always giving lots of smiles when I do!), reaching out with my hands (you know, I think those things are attached to me! All this time I thought they were just some pesky things that kept hanging out with me and hitting me in the face!) and kicking my legs (this is fun, except Mum doesn't like it when I kick off the side of the chair when she is feeding me. She says 'ouch'!).

Wow, I am 5 weeks old tomorrow! I've had such an exciting life so far.

Lots of love,
Milly
xxx

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Oh Milly, you do look startled in your photo. Wonder what you will think of it in 5 years time!
Relax about next week, as you may already have had your growth spurt. I suggest sticking to your shorter feeds and keeping Mum very happy.
Grandma and Grandad are looking forward to your visit. Love you heaps, Grandma XX