Monday, August 11, 2008

He really is a jolly good fellow!

Today is a special day - it's Dad's birthday!! I'm not sure exactly how old he's turned, but needless to say, he is very, very old. All day, he's been mumbling something about his diminishing chances of becoming a professional Premier league footballer. Silly Daddy! Mum and I made a special birthday banner, as you can see in the photo, and hung it last night to surprise him this morning. I think he really liked it, but not quite as much as the iPhone we gave him. We also gave him a boardgame called Risk. I haven't quite got my head around that one yet. The box says "ages +10", but I am pretty smart so I'm sure it won't be long before I am vying for global domination against Dad and his 'still-cool-even-though-we-play-Risk' friends.

For lunch, we went our new favourite restaurant in Dee Why called Sand Bar, and sat in a corner outside in glorious sunshine. It was nice to find a warm, sunny spot on a cold August day! Mum and Dad dined on delicacies such as duck pate, prawns, rainbow trout and salmon, but I was between meals, so I just chilled out in my pram. Mum and I made a cake so we had that for dessert when we got home.

All in all, a lovely day.
xxx

The banner originally said 'Happy Birthday Daddy' but it got a bit long!

Daddy and me, ready to go out for lunch.

Mum waited nine months for this - the biggest slab of pate she could find!

Mum had second thoughts about buying Dad an iPhone...


The birthday boy.


Mum loving the sunshine.

Pushing out the boat for Dad's special day.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Dear Milly, Mummy promised a photo of you in the lovely outfit that Ellie gave you (isn't it great to have generous friends?). Grandad and I are still waiting. Mind you, you look very cute when you are asleep.
Tell Daddy we are glad he had a happy birthday, and we don't think he is old at all. We will celebrate his birthday again when you come to visit (and Mummy's too). We might even have presents. And more cake! Love from Grandma XX