Monday, April 6, 2009

I know I've said this before, but the past month has been an incredible developmental stage for me ('mental' being the significant part of that word!). In looks and abilities, I have changed so much, so quickly, Mum and Dad can't quite believe it. Probably most significantly, my hair has grown and people are not calling me a boy as much any more. Lucky, as Mum had started to get a complex and began dressing me in pink! Thank goodness that didn't last!

OK, so I am not quite crawling, but I am certainly giving it a good shot. I still get quite frustrated on my tummy, especially when Dad is using the iPhone as bait (boy I love that iPhone!), but I can pivot around and sometimes even drag myself forwards.

What I can also do, is say "dad!". Dad is very pleased. Sometimes it sounds like "dead!" but perhaps I am channeling a NZ ancestor. Mostly my soliloquies go something like this: "Dad! Dadadadadad (raspberry), bubububub, dead! dead! Dad!, aaababababaaaaa, yyaaaaaaaay (squeal!!!!!!)" I am very eloquent. I also like to sing along with Mum when she sings songs to me. I bounce up and down and hum along to the music. Sometimes I even play my piano. Perhaps I am channeling Mozart?

I get to play music and sing when I go to Babies Into Books (BIBs) at the local library with my friends. Ellie comes too, as do most of my friends from mother's group. We have so much fun! Although people often come up to me a steal my bells when I am ringing them. I am being bullied because I can't crawl, but mark my words, there will be vengence. Just give me a few weeks!!

No comments: