Friday, October 10, 2008

Non-stop parties and a trip to A&E.

When we got home from England, we had just one day to relax at home and we were off again! On Friday morning, we got on another, much smaller, plane and flew to Grandma and Grandad's place in Emerald Beach. It was Grandad's Big Birthday and we were having a party.

On Friday night, Mum and Dad and I were all pretty tired, of course, so I tried to let everyone sleep. I got up for supper at around 9pm and fed as normal. Mum said it was cute that I was so tired I wouldn't open my eyes. When I got up again at midnight, and still wouldn't open my eyes, it wasn't so cute anymore! My eyes seemed stuck together and I had a big red patch over the right one. I was still hungry though, so I told Mum to feed me first, then we could go to the hospital. No need for anyone to panic! While Dad and Uncle Sam were moving the Kia and the VW so we could get to the Mitsubishi, I did open my eyes but Mum and Dad thought it still looked bad, so off we went.

The A&E was surprisingly quiet for Coffs Harbour, 1am on a Friday night. We saw the nurse and then the doctor. Oh, Doctor Jurgen...sigh. He was lovely. I smiled and giggled and fluttered my manky eye at him. He liked me too, I think. He said I was 'alert'. But he couldn't tell us what was wrong with me and said maybe it was an allergy or I'd rubbed something into it. Mum thought maybe Sudocreme. He sent us home with a wink and a script for drops. The next morning, the eye was all but healed, and was clear by later that day, so it remains a mystery.

Saturday night was the big party. Grandad had invited lots of his friends and we all had a lot of fun. There was a jukebox and drums and a big cake with lots of candles! Willow came with Aunty Bec and Uncle Dax. Willow seems very grown-up these days, but then she is nearly one year old, so I guess that is very grown-up. I was very tired and had to go to sleep early. Even Mum and Dad couldn't keep up with Grandma and Grandad and they went to bed too, while the party carried on regardless.


It was lucky we did go to bed early, because Sunday morning we were up and off again. Back on a plane for a swift hour flight back to Sydney. I thought we might get a chance to chill out at home for once, but no! Mum dresses me up in a pretty dress and off we go to another party! This time it was a wedding - Mum's dear friend Lani married her long-time love Micah. It was a special wedding with lots of people, dancing, clapping, and tossing Micah up in the air. Of course, I slept through it all but Mum said it was lots of fun anyway.

Phew! That was a busy weekend, after our busy two weeks in the UK, but it was worth it. Now we just need a holiday to recover from our holiday!

AJ
x

No comments: