Thursday, October 9, 2008

England Baby!!


Well, the mother land was not what I expected, but it was pretty cool anyway! Three weeks ago, Mum and Dad packed a suitcase of my clothes, toys and nappies and took me on an aeroplane to visit my family in England. Flying in the plane was a lot of fun. I think Mum and Dad were worried that I wouldn’t like being on the plane, but I loved it. I only cried for about ten minutes and slept peacefully for the majority of the journey, and even when the plane broke in Singapore and we had to wait 16 hours for a new one, I was a joy to be with. The same cannot be said for Mum and Dad!

Our first week, we stayed with Grandma and Grandad in Broadwater. They really looked after us, cooking and washing and helping to look after me. My routine was blown right out of the water, of course. I had been sleeping through the night the week before we left, so Mum had a bit of shock getting up two, sometimes three, times a night. She was being a bit of a whinger about it, if you ask me, but Dad and I decided we would leave her in the mornings, so she could get some more sleep and she was less cranky then.

I met a lot of new people in the UK. Mum and Dad’s friends are all really nice and they seemed to like me too. I got lots of presents! Even when I was tired and cranky and giving Mum and Dad a hard time, people still seemed to think I was cute.

During the first week, we spent time with Great-Grandma Flo, Uncle David, Uncle Lee, Aunty Liz, Rob and Jackie; Stu, Dee and Noah; Matt Hedges; Matt and Emma; Dave and Jo and Liz. We had days out to country pubs, visited a real castle in Arundel, had a BBQ at Rob and Jackie’s place and a roast dinner at Grandma’s.

On Saturday, Uncle Lee got married to Aunty Liz. It was a beautiful day and everyone was really happy – especially Uncle Lee and Aunty Liz! I got to wear the beautiful new outfit Grandma bought me. I looked pretty cute. I wasn’t as happy as I probably should’ve been on such a joyous occasion, but I was still adjusting to being in a new country. Mum and I missed half the ceremony, all the speeches and the extended family photo, but we had a good time anyway.

The second week we stayed with Grandpa and Grandma at Rose Cottage. We had a lovely time. The weather was very warm and sunny (which everyone kept saying was the best it had been all summer… and it was autumn!), so we went for nice walks around Worthing, having cream teas and visiting baby shops. During this week, we also caught up with Stu, Lu, Freda and Isla; Ben, Lisa, Lydia and Eden; Dave, Bernice and Alicia; Sarah and Oliver, Lizzie and Noah; Aunty Sue, Jamie, Sam, Sandry and Mia; and Giselle and Luke. Wow, I really am popular, aren’t I?

Before we knew it, it was time to come home. Luckily the flight home was not delayed and it was smooth sailing all the way home. I didn’t cry once and slept like the baby that I am (Mum says she wants to get a flight simulator for our bedroom!). Seems I really am the perfect child after all.

No comments: